Bagg Hall Princeton, MA
Built in 1895 by Worcester-based architect Stephen Earle, Bagg Hall was a multipurpose event space for about eighty years, housing town meetings, elections, and school graduations. The building was re-purposed to house administrative offices for the Town of Princeton in the 1960s and has served in that stead since. Bagg Hall is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Princeton Center Historic District and is among the town’s most treasured landmarks.
The Town of Princeton engaged our firm in 2018 to comprehensively restore Bagg Hall. The building’s situation on the southern slop of Mount Wachusett and proximity to other buildings made for a complex and multifaceted restoration project requiring not only effective collaboration between a number of experienced consultants, but also extensive research into its building chronology. The scope of work ultimately included site improvements for drainage and accessibility, comprehensive restoration of wood windows, masonry repointing and cleaning, and a small addition at the basement entry – all in addition to structurally underpinning the northwest foundation.