Patton Homestead Hamilton, MA
The house that was to become the Patton Homestead was built in 1786 and was General George S. Patton, Jr. home from 1928 until it was given to the Town in 2014. An expansive, idyllic park setting near a river, a well-preserved 18th century house, and the property’s association with a distinguished family adds up to a versatile and appealing community resource. The Town envisions many uses for the Homestead – active and passive recreation; educational, cultural and social events; and ceremonies and celebrations.
Our firm was engaged in 2017 to perform a space needs/programming study resulting in a program of needs and ultimately, a master plan to guide conceptual design for the rehabilitation of the building and site. Conceptual design for the main building for repairs, renovation and handicapped access is progressing through construction documents with anticipated completion of the first phase of rehabilitation in 2019. The renovated house and its surrounding landscape will provide revenue producing interior and exterior spaces, support facilities for functions, an accessible entry, accessible restrooms, updated safety systems, and accessible parking.