Saint Mary of the Annunciation Church Melrose, MA
The nave of St. Mary’s Church, built in 1895, had come through the manifold and sundry changes in architectural fashions largely unchanged. The chancel, on the other hand had been transformed twice: de-Victorianized in the 1920’s and liturgically updated in the 1970’s. In restoring the interior, we brought back rich color, decorative painting, and Victorian style furnishings. We also added a ramp to make the raised chancel accessible to all, an arched screen to define the apse as a chapel for the Blessed Sacrament, and new shrines for Our Lady and St. Joseph.
With Keefe Associates