Old Colony Historical Society
Originally constructed as Bristol Academy in 1852, the Old Colony Historical Society building was designed by renowned American architect Richard Upjohn. Purchased by the Society in 1926, the building has remained relatively untouched and retains a great deal of architectural integrity.
Our firm completed a master plan for the building that examined existing conditions, identified character defining features, and evaluated the museum exhibits. An architectural program of needs was developed which served as a “road map” for the conceptual design and a basis for funding requests.